The Grange School is the Youth Sport Trust Lead Partner School for Leadership, Coaching and Volunteering in Dorset. Led by Daniel Moody and supported by the Youth Sport Trust, Active Dorset and the Dorset SGOs, the Dorset Leadership Programme has grown over the last three years to a point now where it's a key part of the PE and school sport offer in primary, middle and secondary schools in Dorset.
The programme consists of fully inclusive county wide leadership academies, sport specific leadership training, primary leadership academies for pupils in year 5 & 6, Step into Sport events and the Young Coach Academy aimed at providing level 1 and level 2 coaching qualifications for young people aged 16+. The programme offers training and deployment opportunities to over 1500 young people each year and support for schools to provide suitable leadership, coaching and volunteering pathways for all young people. For more information please contact your School Games Organiser.
- Dorset Leadership Programme Overview 2019-20 (PDF, 603 Kb)
Applications for the following leadership events are now open:
Step into Sport Day at Victoria Education Centre - 25th November 2019
Dorset Leadership Academy at Bryanston School - 17th December 2019
- Yr 7&8 Young Sports Leaders
- Young Ambassadors (yr 8, 9 or 10)
- School Games Events/Media Team Training (yr 9 or 10)
- School Games Dance Team (yr 7, 8 or 9)
- Young Coach Academy (application form)
The invitations for the above events are available to download at the bottom of the page.
All applications for the Dorset Leadership Academy must be returned to - firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 29th November 2019.
Dorset Leadership Academy 2019
Invitations & Application Forms
- Step Into Sport Invitation Monday 25th November 2019 At Victoria Education Centre (MS Word, 221 Kb)
- Dorset Leadership Academy And Young Ambassador Conference Letter 2019 (MS Word, 865 Kb)
- Middle Schools Dorset Leadership Academy And Young Ambassador Conference Letter 2019 (MS Word, 864 Kb)
- Dorset Young Coach Academy Invitation 2019 2020 (MS Word, 766 Kb)