Supporting people to move more
Healthcare professionals can play a leading role in supporting patients who are struggling to keep active, with one in four people stating that they would be more active if they were advised by a GP or nurse.
At a time when the NHS is under immense pressure, supporting people to keep active can reduce their risk of becoming deconditioned and developing long terms conditions.
Physical Activity: Training & Resources
Recommending PHE physical activity products to patients
Here are a series of short videos with members of the Physical Activity Clinical Champions network, to help with the following:
- Start a conversation about physical activity.
- Apply the UK CMOs' physical activity guidelines during your consultations.
- Access the resources and tools to facilitate these conversations.
2. How to start a physical activity conversation
3. Applying the physical activity guidelines to everyday practice
4. When is physical activity advice suitable for patients
5. Accessing the right resources for you
6. Embedding physical activity into clinical practice
Support a Campaign
There are currently a range of campaigns that you can support to encourage patients to move more in a way that works for them. These include:
- We Are Undefeatable: A national campaign to inspire and support people with long-term health conditions to be active.
- Better Health: Public Health England campaign to encourage healthier lifestyle. choices.
- This Girl Can: A national campaign designed to show women everywhere that sport can be a fun and enjoyable part of our lives.
- Healthier You - NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme: A free programme for those who are at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.