Healthy Movers Pilot | 2021-2022
The Healthy Movers project was trialled in Dorset in a pilot run from November 2021 – August 2022. The project reached 702 children, trained 25 practitioners, and an average of 20 parents attended stay and play sessions. An summary of the pilot settings can be seen in the Google Map below.
- Children demonstrated improvements in their confidence, engagement and motivation.
- Almost all practitioners reported a very positive or positive impact on children's physical literacy
- Children spent more time being physically active at settings, and parents report their children being more active
- Healthy Movers has built children's confidence and enjoyment to participate in physical activity.
- Healthy Movers prepares children for school in a variety of ways, mainly improving their physical development, listening skills and ability to follow instructions.
Taken from Youth Sport Trust Evaluation Report