5 Ways to Wellbeing
For individuals who are open to exploring and improving their own Well-Being. Additionally, may be useful for assisting those who would like to be able to advise others.
This training will help delegates to gain an understanding of the 'Five Ways to Wellbeing'. For most, it acts as a useful reminder to consider their own wellbeing. It will also prompt those with little or no previous knowledge to consider how the '5 Ways' can be applied to their own life. This training may additionally be useful for practitioners who may need to support others during wellbeing conversations.
- Know what the 'Five Ways to Wellbeing' are.
- Consider and discuss how the Five Ways can be applied as a framework for wellbeing
- Learn about some basic tools that can be used to support the process of making positive changes
- Develop an Action Plan outlining how you will utilize or build on your learning from today
Managing Stress and Building Resilience
For individuals who are open to exploring and improving their personal resilience. Additionally, may be useful for assisting those who would like to be able to advise others.
This training will give delegates the knowledge to identify and recognise the signs of stress in themselves and others, whilst offering tools and techniques to develop resilience. It will also help identify unhealthy coping strategies. This training may additionally be useful for practitioners who may need to support others during wellbeing conversations.
- Know what stress is and recognise the signs of stress
- Recognise the causes of stress and the relationship between transition/change and stress
- Recognise unhealthy coping strategies and understand how LWD can support change
- Develop resilience-building, positive stress-management strategies
- Start the process of positive change
For smokers who want to have information on why and how to take those first steps to quit smoking.
This training is designed to be delivered to smokers in the workplace to increase knowledge and stimulate thought and discussion on quitting smoking to improve personal and family wellbeing.
- The facts about smoking
- LWD support for quit smoking
- The impact of smoking in the workplace
- Lessons learned from workshop outcomes
- Ideas to take forward
Nutrition and Wellbeing
For staff the explore the concept of healthy eating and how this can impact on their wellbeing
This course is for staff who want to gain insight into healthy eating and how eating a healthy diet can improve wellbeing. Delegates will have the opportunity to discuss and identify their barriers and explore how optimal nutrition can help build resilience.
- Public Health England and the Eatwell guide
- Essential Vitamins – what they do and how to get them naturally
- Food labelling
- Are you eating well?
- Barriers to healthy eating – stress / social pressures / work
- Building resilience through nutrition
- Further support from LiveWell Dorset