Thriving Communities Webinar: Heritage & Social Prescribing
Posted: Tue, 01 Jun 2021 14:31
Join the National Academy for Social Prescribing (NASP) for their next Thriving Communities webinar on Wednesday 9th June at 12:30-1.30pm.
During this webinar we will be hearing how engaging with heritage can improve our wellbeing.
The NASP webinar series brings together individuals and organisations committed to using social prescribing through the arts, culture, health, sports, leisure, and the natural environment, alongside other aspects of our lives, to promote health and wellbeing at a national and local level.
What will you learn?
- how connecting with heritage and the historic environment can improve our wellbeing
- how heritage can be used in social prescribing to increase people's health and wellbeing
- how heritage can work with other sectors
Who will be speaking?
- Dr Desi Gradinarova, Historic Environment Lead at NASP and Senior Policy Adviser (Wellbeing) at Historic England• Helen Shearn, Consultancy in arts, heritage, health and wellbeing, who will talk about planning piloting programme on social prescribing through heritage in Kirkham
- Jane Brooke, Fundraising Manager, East Kent Mencap, who will tell us more about using Enriching the List for wellbeing and social prescribing projects in the South East
- Dr Linda Monkton, Head of Wellbeing & Inclusion at Historic England
Who should attend?
- Anyone in the voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise sector with an interest in social prescribing and/or heritage.
- Social prescribing link workers
- NHS, local government and arms-length body staff