Posted: Thu, 05 Nov 2020 10:18
Active Dorset will be hosting a 45-minute inclusion webinar on Thursday 12th November at 4pm, with Rob Belbin who's the Inclusion Lead for schools in BCP and Dorset.
This webinar will cover the following key areas:
- SEND young people in Dorset (school census data) medical vs social model of disability.
- The impact of Covid- 19 on SEND young people and their families.
- Explanation of lead Inclusion school work.
- Free resources and CPD to guide and support practitioners, including the following:
- A walk through Tops Sportsability, how to register and use effectively in your setting.
- Orientation of the 'All about me, all about autism' free CPD.
- Pan-Dorset Inclusive School Games, what's out there and what are we trying to achieve.
- Inclusive Health Check, Sainsbury's Inclusive PE portal and Inclusive Community training.
- Other sources of information, Activity Alliance, NDSOs etc.
5. Q&A session and listening to further support needed.
This meeting will be held on Zoom:
Click here to access the webinar here | Meeting ID: 842 4916 6180
Biography for Rob Belbin;
Rob worked as a senior leader in a special school for over 20 years. He currently leads Inclusion for schools in Dorset/BCP, is a national inclusion development coach for the Youth Sport Trust, a non-executive director for Activity Alliance and has authored many national inclusive resources for schools.
Rob is passionate about the benefit activity brings to all disabled people and those with long term health conditions, he has been instrumental in many national programmes and strategies. Rob is also a professional climbing instructor, mountaineer and skier.