Posted: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 15:08
Sport England are looking for solutions from individuals and organisations specifically developed to support women, people on low incomes, people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds, disabled people or people living with long-term health conditions.
These solutions should address at least one of the challenges below, as they're the most likely to be affecting our target groups:
- Changes in circumstances: when faced with change due to financial pressures or increased caring responsibilities, certain groups may no longer feel able to invest time and/or money, or may lack the headspace needed to think about, plan, or invest the effort it takes to be active.
- Mental health: certain groups of people are more likely to be experiencing new or worsening feelings of depression, stress, loneliness or anxiety, reducing their likelihood to be physically active.
- Digital exclusion: faced with a continued period of enforced social distancing or isolation, people who are unable to, or who do not have access to digital channels, may not have the opportunity to be physically active.
This open call is designed to be flexible, so Sport England will respond to what they are hearing and the changing situation. As a result the open call may be updated.
Sport England will support successful submissions to make a positive difference to the challenges we've outlined within the next six months.
This support could include:
- Access to their connections
- Advice from experts in the sport and physical activity sector
- Access to industry-leading research and insight into activity trends and motivations
- A possible award of up to £50,000, from a potential £1 million pot of National Lottery funding.
Key things to know:
- They want to help these audiences quickly, so are looking for products or solutions that are already worked up and ready to deliver a positive impact within the next six months
- Your solution doesn't have to directly deliver physical activity - they're very interested in solutions focused on community infrastructure or that might encourage greater activity through changes to the physical environment
- They're particularly interested in supporting individuals and organisations that are new to them, that may never have heard of Sport England and may be in other industries – we know there's a wealth of talent out there with vital contributions to make
- If you're currently delivering a project funded by Sport England and think you can help this open call, please speak to your Sport England contact in the first instance
The open call will close on Wednesday 1 July at noon.