Coaching Week – great coaching leads to healthier, happier communities
Posted: Fri, 10 May 2019 11:16
Running from the 3-9 June, the annual campaign which empowers athletes, coaches and the general public to celebrate great coaching will this year send a strong message that explains why it makes sense to support and invest in coaches.
Active Dorset is working with UK Coaching to support Coaching Week and would like you to help us support the campaign by letting your coaches, participants, parents and anyone else connected to your club/session know about the campaign.
Doing so will help you raise the profile of your work and inspire coach learning.
Here's how you can make Coaching Week your own:
- 1. Make and share your club's #greatcoachingpledge.
- 2. Have your coaches make their own pledges, display them on your notice board and share them on social media.
- 3. Display the We're Committed to the #GreatCoaching Principles Poster on your notice board.
- 4. Hand out the Why Coaching? Leaflet and the Ways to Improve Your Child's Experience of Coaching Leaflet to your members.
- 5. Share stories about coaches who are making a difference. Find inspiration in the #GreatCoaching inspiring stories collection.
- 6. Host a mini event during Coaching Week to showcase and celebrate #greatcoaching at your club. Remember to invite local media too. Don't forget to submit it to UK Coaching.
- 7. Remember, to post a picture of your event or display on social media using #CoachingWeek #GreatCoaching.
Further information regarding Coaching Week and how you can get involved can be found on the ukcoaching.org/coachingweek