Applications open for fully-funded Ping in the Community packages
Posted: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 11:10
Table Tennis England is inviting independent groups to embed social table tennis into their communities completely free-of-charge.
There are twenty Ping in the Community fully-funded packages available which include one full size indoor table, 10 bats, 72 balls and a range of printed resources designed to help advertise and activate the table.
These fully-funded packages are aimed at local independent groups such as village halls and church groups who don't have access to mainstream funding sources, and who would like to bring their communities together, get active and beat social isolation by introducing table tennis sessions into their venues.
To be eligible organisers must:
- be creating new table tennis provision and opportunities, with the outcome of enabling more people to participate on a regular basis
- not be using the Ping in the Community package to replace old or tired table tennis equipment
- be delivering at a community-use venue e.g. religious buildings, youth clubs, community centres, retirement homes, clinics or drop in centres, village halls
- be making the table tennis available to participants at very low cost or free, and not be making a profit
- run table tennis sessions for a minimum of 12 weeks
- predominantly target those over 14 years of age
- return basic monitoring and evaluation information to Table Tennis England when requested
- be located within England
Applications close on 4th February 2019.
To apply for a fully-funded Ping in the Community package please download the form below.