Community Sports Project to start in Dorset
Posted: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 09:35
Funded through the National Lottery funding scheme, Sportivate, Active Dorset are launching a new and inspiring community sports project and your club could be part of it! The project will use sport and physical activity as a tool to increase the general, physical and mental wellbeing of inactive people in targeted areas of Dorset.
The areas that Active Dorset will be initially working in are: -
• Alderney, Poole
• Boscombe East and West, Bournemouth
• Bournemouth Central
• Central Poole
• Ensbury Park, Bournemouth
• Hamworthy West, Poole
• Kinson North and South, Bournemouth
• Strouden Park, Bournemouth
We are hoping to hear from local clubs, coaches or facility owners who believe they can deliver projects in these areas but also offer a strong exit route. Do you run a sports club local to these areas that could cope with new members? If so, we could fund you to work in these areas to attract new participants! Funding could be available to those who believe they can deliver projects in these priority areas.
By creating a positive attitude towards sport we will help fund small projects so the local community can get involved with clubs outside of their working hours.
Are you eligible to apply for Sportivate Community Funding?
- Could you deliver a regular activity project (5-6 occurrences) within a one mile radius of any of these local authority wards?
- Are you qualified and insured to deliver an inspiring project to people from local communities?
- Can you offer a strong and local exit route for those who wish to participate on a regular basis after the funded sessions?
- Can you inspire people to take up your sport/activity?
If so, please contact us!
For further information, please contact Gabrielle Rowsell at: firstname.lastname@example.org