Leicester Tigers Foundation Health & Wellbeing Officer
This role will see the successful candidate being the main deliverer for the Leicester Tigers Foundation Health and Wellbeing initiatives, that are focused to support and positively engage targeted children, young people and adults within the Leicester Tigers Region.
About Leicester Tigers Foundation Health & Wellbeing Officer
Leicester Tigers is the foremost rugby Union club in the country with silverware both in domestic and European competitions.
Based at Mattioli Woods Welford Road, the largest designated club rugby stadium in England, and the most iconic home of the sport in this country, Leicester Tigers remains the most successful club in the history of a thriving, competitive and successful league structure.
Working as part of a team you will provide opportunity and positive life changing experiences and guidance in a health and wellbeing setting. The role will specifically, but not exclusively, work with current health related programmes such as FitFans and United Leicester, but will also have a key target of generating engaging delivery within local schools & community groups.
- To deliver and develop Leicester Tigers Foundation current health offers including FitFans and the United Leicester initiatives to support areas of identified need within Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland as well as the wider Tigers region.
- To be the key deliverer and lead on multi-sports based physical activity sessions, within schools and the wider community, delivering positive health and wellbeing outcomes for children, young people and adults.
- To identify local needs, generating ideas, and creating new opportunities, to provide health and wellbeing support and programming, for a wide variety of Leicester Tigers Foundation's potential beneficiaries.
- To be responsible for the gathering of accurate delivery data, weekly news stories and case studies for promotion, ensuring all data is recorded and reported in Upshot, meeting Leicester Tigers Foundation and PRL management information needs.
- To work with the Trustees and Management of the Leicester Tigers Foundation to identify and secure future funding to build and develop the Leicester Tigers Foundation Health and Wellbeing offer.
- To help plan, develop, deliver and administer various Leicester Tigers' Foundation & Community programmes, including supporting and coaching on Tigers match days and camps, and carry out any other duties and tasks required by management, which are within the post-holder's capabilities.
- In possession of a NGB L2 Qualification in coaching or fitness instruction
- Proven and competent coach with experience working within sport or fitness sectors.
- The ability to obtain an Enhanced RFU DBS Certificate.
- A full and valid UK driving licence.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Experience working with a broad demographic of society, including school settings, focused sport and or fitness.
- Possess sound numeracy, communication, literacy and IT skills, with an ability to work as part of a passionate and driven team.
- Able to work flexible and at times, unsociable hours, to include weekends where required.
All applications should be submitted no later than 5pm on Friday, August 12. Interviews will take place during the week commencing Monday, August 15.
Active Dorset is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.