Workforce Officer (Active Communities)
The overarching purpose of the role is to provide a Workforce Coordinator role as part of the Active Communities programme across Birmingham and Solihull aimed at getting people more socially and physical active. The post holder will link with the wider Active Communities projects across Birmingham and Solihull, within the education and the community settings to develop workforce and volunteering training and learning.
- Birmingham, B16 8QG
- Contact Name
- Tom Mcintosh
- Contact Email
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Fri 13th May, 2022
- 9:00am - Fri 3rd June, 2022
About Workforce Officer (Active Communities)
Main duties & responsibilities
- To assist the Project Manager in the planning, managing, operating, reviewing and evaluating all aspects of the work stream in order to achieve the agreed outcomes and objectives.
- Work the wider team including Cluster Managers, LCANs and Community Activators to ensure there is a comprehensive understanding of all the needs of each locality.
- To establish and support the effective marketing and communication of the Skills360 platform.
- To support and implement the Workforce pillars (Skills360, operating standards, volunteering, employability and leadership).
- Ensure all training opportunities are recorded, promoted and visible on the Skills360 platform.
- To support consultation and engage with the local community in the planning, implementation and evaluation of workforce initiatives.
- To make recommendations for changes in practice and feedback across the all-relevant projects. Providing regular reports detailing the progress of the project.
- To feedback to the Project Manager on the on-going development, monitoring and evaluation of the programme, highlighting any issues that need resolving.
- To recruit and support volunteers, where applicable, identify and signpost relevant training opportunities
- To keep records of work and adhere to confidentiality, information sharing protocols and provide monitoring information as required.
- To undertake research into current policies, trends, practices, legal requirements as appropriate to the job and attend relevant training courses, seminars and conferences as directed.
- To comply with organisational Data Protection Policy and to protect the health, safety and welfare of yourself and others.
- To work flexibly as required by the service and to take part in organisation meetings and events to promote, support and celebrate the work of the service and the partners.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by a manager.
Further details can be found in the attached job pack.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter (maximum 1-page A4) outlining your suitability for the role, along with the equal opportunities form to email@example.com
Please include: Workforce Officer (Active Communities) in the subject of the email.
Active Dorset is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.