Youth Operations Manager
The Youth Operations Manager will oversee and manage several Sport Birmingham projects and programmes which focus on youth engagement and youth interventions to ensure that delivery is purposeful, impactful and of high quality.
- Contact Name
- Tom Mcintosh
- Contact Email
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Fri 13th May, 2022
- 9:00am - Fri 3rd June, 2022
About Youth Operations Manager
Main duties and responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Senior Partnerships Manager (Education)
- Connect, build and maintain effective relationships and collaborations across the youth space including relationships with national and local system partners; develop effective commissioning and the co-production of youth activity to enhance, expand and develop opportunities for young people to engage, self-develop and take positive steps. Develop, manage, evaluate, and sustain the projects as part of the wider organisational strategy and specific national, regional, and local organisations initiatives to make a difference to the lives of young people across Birmingham.
- Implement and oversee the processes and systems that monitor the effectiveness, quality, delivery, and impact off projects on young people, schools, families, and communities.
- Ensure that youth work connects into Sport Birmingham's strategic outcomes, supporting complementary activity within and outside the organisation and contributing to the continuous improvement and development of business (including the annual delivery plan, performance management framework, business planning, marketing and communications, equity, and safeguarding).
- Line-manage the 'youth' team, ensuring operational delivery is achieved, and that volunteers and sessional workers are effectively recruited and equipped to support projects; implement Performance Development Plans for your team members.
- Take responsibility for project business plans managing resources, including the administrative, financial, monitoring and reporting systems; ensure risks to the projects are identified, managed, and mitigated against.
- Ensure delivery is in accordance with funding guidance, financial procedures, and policies, taking responsibility for setting budgets, monitoring income and expenditure, plus the submission of progress reports, case studies and evaluation processes designed to evidence the impact of interventions and performance against targets.
- Ensure adherence to the requirements of the Safeguarding and Protecting Children in Sport Standards, also relevant good practise guidelines, quality assurance and minimum standards.
- Lead on the development of stakeholder and partnership engagement, promoting collaboration across the education, sports and wider voluntary, youth and community sectors and raising awareness of funding opportunities available to increase participation in sport, wellbeing, and diversionary activity.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter (maximum 1-page A4) outlining your suitability for the role, along with the equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include: Youth Operations Manager in the subject of the email.
Closing date: Friday 03 June at 09.00
Active Dorset is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.