Business Support & Grants Officer
We are looking for a well organised, efficient individual, who thrives in a team and is passionate about improving people’s lives through the power and benefits of physical activity and sport.
- £21,000 to £25,000
- Full Time
- Active Herefordshire & Worcestershire
- Placed On
- Thu 5th May, 2022
- 11:59pm - Sun 5th June, 2022
- Interview Date
- Tue 14th June, 2022
About Business Support & Grants Officer
Who we are?
Established in 2013, we are the strategic lead for sport and physical activity across Herefordshire and Worcestershire. A vibrant, independent charity, we are committed to improving the lives of people across the two counties through the power of physical activity and sport.
We pride ourselves in being part of a forward thinking, national network of Active Partnerships who work in collaboration with Sport England. Through their investment into the partnership and driven by the aspirations in their new strategy 'Uniting the Movement', we aim to transform lives and communities through sport and physical activity over the coming years.
Why Work for Us?
At Active Herefordshire and Worcestershire, no two days are the same. We can improve lives across Herefordshire and Worcestershire through the power of physical activity and sport. Given the size of our organisation, you will work across the organisation daily. We make a conscious effort to provide a welcoming and supportive working environment, with the following excellent benefits:
- Flexible working options - We recognise that our team have commitments beyond their working day. Our flexible working approach offers team members the ability to balance work and home life in a way that suits them.
- Generous annual leave policy - 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, your birthday (or a day within your birthday week) and an extra day at Christmas
- A dedication to learning and development, with training and CPD opportunities available and encouraged
- Company pension
Create a more active and healthier Herefordshire and Worcestershire by enabling a thriving, sustainable environment of physical activity and sport.
We are looking for a well organised, efficient individual, who thrives in a team and is passionate about improving people's lives through the power and benefits of physical activity and sport. The Business Support and Grants Officer will support the efficient and effective running of the office, and administer a programme of small grants.
To support the efficient and effective running of the office:
- Be the main point of contact for general email and phone enquiries
- Coordinate the smooth running of the office, ensuring appropriate records are maintained and policies updated.
- Ensure appropriate office (including stationery) supplies are maintained.
- Coordinate the Active Herefordshire and Worcestershire calendar.
- Coordinate, administer and when appropriate attend events including internal, board, stakeholder, partner meetings, individual webinars, courses and events.
- Attend meetings and maintain appropriate records (including taking action notes/minutes) for internal and external meetings.
- Liaise with the University of Worcester to resolve computer related issues
- Coordinate and maintain effective management of electronic documents and folders.
- Accurately maintain staff records, ensuring key and statutory requirements are kept up to date (for example training and safeguarding checks).
- Coordinate the administration supporting the recruitment, induction of new staff and processes for staff leaving the organisation.
To administer the small grants programme:
- Be the first point of contact for applications. Ensure notes are maintained and decisions recorded.
- Respond to applicant organisations questions
- Ensure public facing information is kept up to date
- Complete a checklist of tests to ensure the eligibility of organisations applying for funding.
- Collate, co-ordinate and ensure accurate records are in place for the decision making and approval process.
- Work with the Active Herefordshire team to ensure accurate records are in place.
- Ensure that the Active Herefordshire & Worcestershire' and the funder's funding conditions are tracked, identifying slippages and risks.
- To undertake other reasonable duties commensurate with the post as determined by the Chief Executive/Chair of the Board.
Apply online via application form only. Download the application form from: https://www.activehw.co.uk/jobs/
Please note: CVs will not be accepted!
Closing date: Sunday 5th June 2022 at 23:59, interviews will take place on: Provisional date Tuesday 14 June 2022.
For an informal discussion about the post, please call Simon Thomas, Deputy C.E.O, on 07717 422184.
Active Dorset is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.