Trustee of Sport Birmingham
We are looking to appoint a new trustee to enhance the skills of the current board, specifically someone with significant financial management experience and qualifications whom is excited to help us optimise our existing strengths, realise our ambitions and build a more active and healthy city and region.
- Birmingham, B16 8QG
- Positions are non-executive and are not salaried, but expenses will be reimbursed
- Placed On
- Fri 20th December, 2019
- 11:45pm - Fri 17th January, 2020
About Trustee of Sport Birmingham
- A good understanding of corporate governance and an appreciation of operating within a voluntary organisation with many partnership and stakeholder relationships
- A recognised accounting qualification (ACA or equivalent)
- Significant experience in finance and with the audit process to guide on the preparation of statutory accounts and lead on best practice of financial procedures and controls
- An interest in charities or not for profit sector.
Each board member is expected to apply their specific skills, knowledge or experience to help the board reach sound decisions and make a practical contribution according to their particular knowledge, skills or experience. This will involve:
- Contribute to the oversight and delivery of the vision, strategy, values and policies of SB, in collaboration with the CEO and Trustees.
- Ensuring with the Chair and Chief Executive, that Sport Birmingham discharges its duties in a legal and effective manner
- Scrutinising board papers, attending 4 board meetings per year, and participating in Board discussions to ensure the effective governance
- Bringing independent judgement to the decision making processes of the Board
- Ensuring that the planning and budgeting processes are carried out in accordance with the Articles and terms of Reference of the Company
- Ensuring that Sport Birmingham establishes the necessary and appropriate policies and that these are implemented appropriately
- Play a part to ensure appropriate communication takes place with all major stakeholders, including the membership and wider community
- Represent and champion SB by being its advocate and ambassador for the sport at local, regional and national levels.
- Be a guardian of the reputation of SB and seek to ensure it is regarded as a supportive, respected and trusted body
- Provide guidance and support to the SB Team in the performance of their responsibilities
- Contribute to the Board's evaluation of its own performance and any action required to improve the performance of the Board.
To submit an application for this position please email the following documents to: email@example.com
- Up to date Curriculum Vitae/biography
- Cover Letter highlighting your motivations for the post and relevant experience
- Completed Equal Opportunities monitoring form
Interviews will take place w/c 20th January 2020.
For full details of this position, please download the recruitment pack below.
Active Dorset is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.