Deaf Get Active & Volunteer Deaf Engagement Worker
The Deaf Get Active & Volunteer project works with Deaf British Sign Language (BSL) users and sport / activity providers to create more accessible sports / activity opportunities and to develop new volunteering opportunities to encourage Deaf people to become more active.
- Exeter, EX2 8PW
- Contact Name
- Keira Dodd
- Contact Telephone
- 01392 459222
- Contact Email
- Part Time
- Placed On
- Thu 5th September, 2019
- 5:00pm - Fri 27th September, 2019
- Interview Date
- Fri 6th September, 2019
About Deaf Get Active & Volunteer Deaf Engagement Worker
To lead on engagement with the Deaf Community, recruiting, supporting and coordinating volunteers and enabling and encouraging local Deaf people's participation in sport and physical activity.
- To recruit, support and coordinate Deaf volunteers with the support of the Project Manager
- To coordinate and support volunteer 'buddies' enabling them to work with Deaf people to encourage ongoing participation in sport / activity, making use of social media and video calls to get regular weekly updates
- Coordinate and support volunteers in the creation of BSL videos demonstrating basic BSL signs for sports / activity providers
- Support volunteers to film activity sessions and publicise on social media
- To help facilitate a volunteer workshop
- To engage with the Deaf community, promoting and encouraging participation in sports and activities
- Alongside the project administrator, to maintain and further develop the Deaf Get Active & Volunteer Facebook page, interacting with the Deaf community, raising awareness of the benefits of sport / activity and encouraging participation. Encourage volunteers and participants to post their 'stories' / videos about activities
- Build links with local Deaf Clubs
Sports / activity providers
- To provide advice and guidance to activity / sports providers to enable them to deliver inclusive activity sessions
- Work with the Project Administrator to produce BSL booklets displaying basic BSL signs for sports / activity providers and parkruns.
- To attend initial taster activity sessions to support activity providers, volunteers and participants and feedback to the project team
Deaf Get Active team
- Work with Evaluation Lead to implement monitoring and evaluation processes, including supporting volunteers to gather video feedback from participants at activity sessions
- Work with the team to produce a monthly newsletter
- Act as positive role model to equality and diversity
- Attend and participate in regular staff and team meetings.
- Attend mandatory staff induction training and refresher courses
- Attend appropriate training courses where identified.
- Attend and participate in regular work appraisals and any other support systems as appropriate.
deaf-engagement-worker-job-description-and-person-specification.docx (MS Word, 37.7 Kb)
Active Dorset is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.