Inclusion Sports Coach (Casual)
We are looking for an Inclusion Sports Coach with a passion and interest in providing positive diversionary activities to young people and activities across targeted areas in Birmingham. The post holder will be responsible for delivering engaging sports sessions during the evenings whilst focusing on support young people to make positive life choices.
- Casual Hours
- Aston Villa FC
- Placed On
- Fri 12th April, 2019
- 12:00am - Fri 19th April, 2019
About Inclusion Sports Coach (Casual)
- Lead the delivery of community sporting activity sessions for young people under the Aston Villa Kicks project banner, that are reflective of their needs and the needs of the local community
- To engage marginalised communities through outreach work in and around targeted areas of the City
- To act in a supervisory role on Kicks sessions to lead and support part-time Aston Villa Foundation part-time staff and staff from partner organisations
- To collect data and examples of how Kicks programmes impacts on individuals and communities in line with our impact reporting requirements
- To recognise and raise awareness of signposting young people for their own progression to sports clubs or specialised partners/services
- Work alongside Inclusion and Education teams in ensuring positive exit routes for young people from diversionary activities are provided both internally and externally
- Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities which your manager or another senior officer of the Club asks you to perform
- All health and safety checks are undertaken before, during and after sessions including participant registrations, dynamic risk assessments etc.
- Liaising with delivery partners (coaches, instructors, schools, community groups) on safeguarding processes when working with third parties
- Reporting any incidents or concerns when relating to safeguarding and welfare within their individual sessions and projects, in line with the steps outlined within this policy
Key Skills and Experience required:
- Proven experience in delivering sport coaching sessions in a diversionary environment
- Qualified to a minimum level 2 or higher award in youth work or sport/activity leadership
- Emergency Aid and Safeguarding Children qualifications
- Commitment to ongoing training for personal and professional development
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate others
- Ability to engage with people from all backgrounds
- Effective time management
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends
- You will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and sign up to the online DBS update service.
To allow us to monitor this, we ask all applicants to complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form here. All information provided will be treated in confidence and will not be seen by staff directly involved in the appointment. The questionnaire will be detached from your application form, stored separately and used only to provide statistics for monitoring purposes.
To apply please send your Covering Letter (including your current salary details and notice period), CV and completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form to firstname.lastname@example.org or Charlotte Buckell, HR Advisor, Aston Villa Football Club, Villa Park, Birmingham, B6 6HE.
Please note that the successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and sign up to the online DBS update service.
Active Dorset is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.