City Programme Manager
Are you passionate about sport’s ability to change lives and communities?
- England and Wales Cricket Board
About City Programme Manager
Reporting to: Head of National Programmes
Team: National Programmes
Location: Flexible with national travel
Term: 2-year Fixed Term
Do you remember your favourite teacher, dance instructor, music tutor or sports coach? For so many of us, our lives were changed by these incredible people. What was it that made them so great? The chances are they made their lessons fun, had a contagious passion and were great with people. Cricket is changing and we need brilliant, energetic people like this to help us. We have a bold plan to inspire thousands of women across the country into volunteering and we are using the Cricket World Cup to make it happen. If you're someone who is passionate about the role that women can play in inspiring kids to get active, and bringing communities together, then we want to hear from you. You don't need any cricket experience – more important than this is an unshakable can-do attitude!
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We know that Cricket is a force for good and makes an enduring impact on people's lives. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion. It's something for everyone to watch, play or enjoy, across genders, age, disability and diverse communities.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don't settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don't take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU'LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You want to be at the heart of a transformational change project.
- You have an unshakable can-do attitude.
- You thrive under busy, variable and exciting environments where no two days are alike.
- You want to be part of a high performing, highly motivated team.
YOU'LL BE DOING
- Inducting a brand-new team into the business.
- Developing All Stars Cricket local delivery plans including supporting the development of any local funding bids.
- Translating the All Stars Cricket marketing plan across the city-based locations and identifying relevant ways to talk to our target audience.
- Supporting staff to maximise volunteer recruitment and engagement.
- Motivating the team through a busy delivery period.
- Developing a strategy to train and deploy engaged volunteers across the cities, and empowering staff to deliver.
- Managing all monitoring and evaluation pertaining to the project.
- Managing local delivery budgets.
- An inspirational, nurturing leadership style.
- A passion for holistically developing your people.
- Line management experience.
- A track record of successfully delivering projects involving numbers of partners.
- Budget management experience.
- Enhanced DBS clearance.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days' holiday
- Private medical insurance
- Non-contributory 8% pension
- Life assurance
- 30% discount on New Balance items
The England and Wales Cricket Board is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
The ECB is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.
Active Dorset is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.