Sessional Swim Teacher - Schools
Moseley Road Baths are looking for an enthusiastic swimming teacher who not only has good technical knowledge but a true passion for working with children. If you enjoy helping young people achieve their goals, then they would love to hear from you.
- Moseley Road Baths, B12 9BX
- Placed On
- Mon 13th August, 2018
- 12:00am - Fri 14th December, 2018
- Sport / Activity
About Sessional Swim Teacher - Schools
You are required to hold either a Swim England Level 2 or STA equivalent and have some experience of teaching swimming.
Moseley Road Baths, a much- loved heritage community pool, is now run by the local community who have established a charity to operate it and save it from closure. It runs on a part-staffed and part-voluntary model. It is popular with local schools.
- The role is to deliver specific swimming lessons to local primary school groups at sessions during school term times at Moseley Road Baths.
- To ensure that all your sessions and practices are within the current guidelines of ASA and other governing bodies as are appropriate.
- To work with the Pool Operations Manager to ensure lessons adhere to all associated policies and procedures.
- To encourage the progression of children through various stages of development.
- To communicate with school teachers and assistants as to the progress of the children.
- To ensure that all role-relevant qualifications are maintained within the acceptable standards of the governing bodies.
- To attend refresher/training courses as necessary.
- To be familiar with and act upon Health and Safety procedures within the swimming environment.
- To be responsible for monitoring and reporting maintenance issues that may affect standards of coaching.
There are between 7 and 10 hours available per week, starting in September. Sessions currently available are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and Friday mornings. Hours are expected to be agreed with the swim teacher on a term by term basis.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in please email your CV and a covering letter outlining your relevant experience to email@example.com and they will get in touch. If you have any questions you can call the pool on 0121 439 0320, or call in, and ask to speak to Jakub, operations manager.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Job Type: Sessional
Salary: £10.00 per hour
Post is subject to an enhanced level disclosure check. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Active Dorset is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.