Active Dorset Tackling Inequalities Fund
Summary: The Tackling Inequalities Fund has been created to try and help reduce the negative impact on activity levels in these under-represented groups, with a specific focus on; lower socio-economic groups, black, asian and minority ethnic communities, disabled people and people with long-term health conditions.
- Contact Name
- Clive Nelson
- Amount Available
- up to £10,000
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation, Disability Groups, Education / Training, Improving Health, Social Welfare Outcomes
- Active Dorset Community Interest Company
- Specific Locations
- 12:00am - Mon 31st May, 2021
About Active Dorset Tackling Inequalities Fund
The Tackling Inequalities Fund has been created to try and help reduce the negative impact on activity levels in these under-represented groups, with a specific focus on:
- Lower socio-economic groups
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities
- Disabled people
- People with long-term health conditions
This funding will enable community groups working with these audiences to continue to exist and engage with their communities, with a view to keeping them active during both the lockdown and early recovery stages.
This is a targeted fund that's been designed to deal with the 'here and now' issues caused as a result of coronavirus and aims to support community organisations working with priority audiences so they have a future to plan for. This support is intended to meet immediate need up until October.
The types of activity that might be funded could include:
- Funding for community groups to find new ways of keeping active during this time
- Offering advice and training support
- Increasing resilience, capacity and capability of delivery bodies.
We're also looking to connect with partners who might be able to help us to reach our priority audiences. Perhaps you have insight around the effects of Covid-19 or useful resources on how to engage with your audience?
Active Dorset is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.