The Together Fund exists to help reduce the negative impact of coronavirus and help community groups working with our target audiences to grow and help more people.
The Together Fund has been created to try and help reduce the negative impact on activity levels in these under-represented groups, with a specific focus on:
- Lower socio-economic groups
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities
- Disabled people
- People with long-term health conditions
This funding will enable community groups working with these audiences to continue to exist and engage with their communities, narrowing the gap for communities that need support. The bulk of the funding received must be for the delivery of physical activity.
This is a targeted fund that's been designed to look at recovery and the long-term impacts of Covid-19 and aims to support community organisations working with priority audiences, so they have a future to plan for. This support is intended to meet immediate need up until December 2023.
The types of activity that might be funded could include:
- Funding for community groups to find new ways of keeping active during this time
- Offering advice and training support
- Increasing resilience, capacity and capability of delivery bodies
Please note: whilst there is no specific deadline for submitting applications, all Together Fund awards must be committed and spent by 31st March 2023.