Time to Listen
This training course is designed to provide club Welfare Officers with the tools that will support you and your club to safeguard and protect children. You have a vital role as the club welfare officer in supporting your club to achieve these safeguarding aims.
- Virtual via Zoom
- Tina Campbell / firstname.lastname@example.org / 03302020280
Time to Listen
The Time To Listen course is designed for club welfare officers within West & South Yorkshire
Due to COVID19 this course will be run virtually via Zoom
9th February 2021 5pm - 9pm
Total cost £35.00 per person
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify what a club welfare officer does
- Describe how a club welfare officer works with others to create a child centred environment
- Explain how the club welfare officer role fits into the wider safeguarding environment
- Apply learning to case studies including sharing good safeguarding practice
The course takes place over three modules of around one hour in length (75 mins for module one) using a virtual classroom setting to enable you to complete this from your own home.
Before attending the course please watch this short video (about 11 minutes in length) to prepare you for the training - https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/5860047739268123911
- This is a multi-sport version of the Time to Listen course. Some National Governing Bodies (NGBs) offer sport specific versions of the course. Importantly some NGBs only accept their own sport specific version of this course for Welfare Officers in their sport. Please confirm with your NGB that the multi-sport version of the course is acceptable before booking.
- This is not an entry level safeguarding course.
By booking on one of our courses you are accepting the following terms and conditions:
Payment : The following page when booking your place allows you to pay for your booking immediately online via our PayPal account (there is no requirement for you to hold your own PayPal account). We do not have the facility to accept payment via card over the phone.
Cancellation by us: Yorkshire Sport Foundation reserve the right to cancel any courses that do not meet the minimum number of bookings. Attendees will be notified of any cancellations no less than 5 days prior to the event, except in cases of cancellation as a result of unforeseen circumstances.
Cancellation by you: If you notify Yorkshire Sport Foundation of a booking cancellation up to 11 days before the course date you will receive a full refund. If you notify Yorkshire Sport Foundation of a booking cancellation 10 days or less before the course date you will receive no refund and the entire course fee will be retained by Yorkshire Sport Foundation to cover incurred fees.
If you do not attend the course for which you are booked the course fee will remain payable in full.
Transfers: In exceptional circumstances your booking can be transferred to another delegate or to another course date. This must be agreed with Yorkshire Sport Foundation in advance of the course you are booked on by contacting Yorkshire Sport Foundation.
Non-payment: Any bookings that have not been paid for or cancelled within 10 days of the course will be invoiced to the attendee.
Minimum Age of course participants: All participants must be aged 16 years or older on the date of the course.
Maximum Number of attendees per club: Due to the limited number of spaces, the maximum number of attendees per club/organisation is 2