Key Information and Guidance Documents
Latest Primary PE and Sport Premium Downloads
Please scroll beyond the 5 headings listed below, to find the relevant documents, information or links which they refer to:
- Government guidance for the Primary PE and School Sport Premium.
- A summary of the new PE and School Sport Premium expectations.
- A website template tool commissioned by the Government to guide your annual report.
- A pre-populated example of the template produced by afPE and the YST.
- Example questions which Ofsted may ask Governors about the Primary PE and School Sport Premium.
- Website Report Template to Evidence the Impact of Primary PESS, 2018 (MS Word, 1.6 Mb)
- Example Website Report for the Primary PESS Premium (PDF, 306 Kb)
- Example Questions for Governors on the Primary PESS Premium (PDF, 1.8 Mb)
Maximising the Primary PE and Sport Premium
Poster Resources for Schools
These posters capture the latest national advice and guidance, and include information to help your school maximise the investment and understand statutory obligations and minimum standards specifically around the delivery of PE and school sport.
Government and Ofsted - Key Advice and Guidance
Childhood Obesity: A Plan for Action - The Government has published updated guidance on the childhood obesity plan. Please click here to view the updated guidance which includes information on the 'soft drinks industry levy' (AKA sugar tax) and a commitment to doubling the Primary PE and Sport Premium and putting a further £10 million a year into school healthy breakfast clubs to give more children a healthier start to their day.
- Childhood Obesity Strategy August 2016 (PDF, 409 Kb)
National Curriculum for Physical Education
Department for Education - PE Sport Premium: an investigation into Primary Schools
- DfE - An Investigation In Primary Schools Research Brief (PDF, 506 Kb)
- Good Practice To Maximise Effective Use Of The Funding (PDF, 239 Kb)
National Partner Support and Guidance Documents
Latest Primary PE and Sport Premium Case Studies
Sports coach UK in conjunction with afPE and other national partners (CSPN, Sport England, UK Active Kids and YST) have produced a range of case studies exemplifying the effective and sustainable use of the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding.
- Primary PE And Sport Premium Case Studies (PDF, 3.2 Mb)
Schools ASA Swimming Information
- New Inspiration for Your School Swimming Lessons (PDF, 690 Kb)
- Swimming Guidelines For The Primary Sport Premium Funding (PDF, 483 Kb)
Importance of Physical Education, School Sport & Physical Activity Resources
The Association for Physical Education has been commissioned by Sport England to produce resources which highlight the difference that Physical Education can make to the pupils in your school, and inform parents/carers about the importance of children and young people being active. afPE recognises how important children and young people's physical health and emotional well-being are and the relationship between these and academic achievement.