Dorset Health Village Small Grants Fund
Provided by NHS Charities Together, the purpose of this funding is to increase physical activity opportunities to people affected by cancer living in Dorset, which is available to Not for Profit organisations only.
The funding can be used to provide delivery of physical activity such as sports, exercise, walking groups, gardening; or any form of movement aimed at those who have an increased risk of cancer. Examples could be those living with health inequalities and living with and beyond cancer.
Funding can be used to cover the following:
- Facility/venue hire
- Staff time
Case Study | 5k Your Way
We have recently worked alongside MOVE Charity: 5k Your Way, who encourage those living with and beyond cancer, their families and friends, and those working in cancer services to join their local 5k Your Way group at designated parkrun events on the last Saturday of every month.
This is a great example of how the funding could be utilised to increase physical activity opportunities for those living with Cancer.
People at increased risk of cancer, such as those living with health inequalities and living with and beyond cancer.
Up to £2,000
- Not for Profit Organisations
Terms and Conditions
- This funding must be spent by 31st March 2024.
- The organisation must be based in Dorset.
- A range of duration in activity will be considered, but not one off events.
- The organisation would have to provide reporting on the outcomes of the funding by 30th April 2024.
- Applications for this funding will close 30th April 2023
Click here to apply for this funding.