Latest Government Guidance
On Monday 4 January, the Prime Minister announced a new national lockdown to counter the steep rise in coronavirus (Covid-19) infections in England.
Government guidance for physical activity is as follows:
- Grassroots sports guidance for safe provision including team sport, contact combat sport and organised sport events (Updated 6 Jan 2021)
- Guidance on the phased return of elite sport (Updated 21 Dec 2020)
- Working Safely during Covid 19 - Guidance for people who work in grassroots sport and gym/leisure facilities (Updated 6 Jan 2021)
- Guidance for the safe use of multi-purpose community facilities (Updated 5 Jan 2021)
- Guidance for full opening schools - wraparound provision and extra curricular activity (Updated 7 Jan 2021)
- Protective measures for holiday and after-school clubs, and other out-of-school settings during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak (Updated 8 Jan 2021)
- What FE Colleges & Providers need to do (Updated 12 Jan 2021)
- Guidance for accessing green spaces (Updated 26 Dec 2020)
- Guidance for managing playgrounds and outdoor gyms (Updated 6 Jan 2021)
Return to play - FAQs
Coronavirus Funding Options
Return to Play
In addition to their regular funding streams, which have been affected by the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, Sport England have opened a £16.5m Return to Play Fund.
There are three parts to this new fund - Small Grants and the Community Asset Fund, which have been adapted from pre-coronavirus funds, and Active Together crowdfunding, which has been extended - with all three now focusing on a safe return to play and narrowing the inequalities gap in sport and physical activity.
Physical Activity Messaging
We have put together some social media content on keeping active during the coronavirus pandemic. The content covers the following:
- We Are Undefeatable Campaign
- Joint the Movement Campaign
- Better Health Campaign
- This Girl Can Campaign
- PA during self-isolation
- Active at Home
- Mental Wellbeing
If you would like access to this physical activity messaging to share from your own social media channels please contact Georgie;
Autumn and Winter Activity Toolkit
To help you inspire and motivate the people in your communities to continue to be physically active, Sport England have produced an Autumn and Winter Activity Toolkit that's packed with resources and information.
It brings together the latest advice and guidance as to what is and isn't allowed and a range of assets to help your organisation engage with your audience. You can use the materials as they are or adapt them with local imagery and calls to action.
The toolkit also connects you to the best and most recent insight about the way people are feeling about sport and physical activity in the current climate, as well as how you can join up with Sport England's three existing campaigns, This Girl Can, We Are Undefeatable and Join the Movement.
Support for Clubs and Organisations
Lots of us are finding ourselves in new working routines. Working from home, juggling home schooling, being isolated from our colleagues and teams, getting the hang of lots of online meetings and calls. It's important we develop a healthy work routine at home, to look after our wellbeing.
Any of these sound familiar to you?
- Ignoring that activity tracker buzz, telling you to get up?
- Find yourself on back to back zoom calls?
- Poor posture? Are you suffering from stiff or sore back and shoulders?
- Feeling more fatigued?
- Working longer hours?
Please share the infographic below with your colleagues and let us know the creative ways you're keeping moving by tweeting us @active_dorset and using the hashtag #ActiveSoles