- Next Session
- Saturday 27th April 2019 (10:00 - 12:00)
- Sport / Physical Activity
- Track Cycling
- Skill Level
- Minimum: 7 years, Maximum: 16 years
- Organised By
- Active Dorset County Sports & Physical Activity Partnership
- £10 per rider (£5 for Bournemouth Velodrome members)
Junior Track Cycling
The fun and friendly sessions are aimed at those new to track cycling and will help develop cycling technique and build confidence on the velodrome.
More advanced riders will be taught basic racing skills and given more challenging exercises.
All riders must:
• Riders will need to wear their own helmet and suitable clothing.
• Riders must also bring along a drinks bottle and a snack.
• No need to book in advance, just turn up on the day.
• A parent or guardian will need to register the rider on the day.
• Fixed-gear track racing bikes will be made available at each session.
The session leaders will be qualified and accredited British Cycling coaches with experience of working with young people in a sports coaching environment.
** Please note that sessions will not run in wet weather. **
This activity also runs on these dates:
The information contained in the Active Dorset activity finder has been provided by clubs. It is the responsibility of each club to ensure that information relating to their club remains up to date. Active Dorset is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by clubs and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. It is recommended that you contact a club directly in order to establish specific opportunities available.