School Games Mark
What is the School Games Mark?
The School Games Mark is a Government led awards scheme which was launched in 2012 to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community. Schools in England are able to assess themselves across bronze, silver and gold levels of the Mark.
The School Games Mark is a national accredited award that all schools can apply for and continues to grow with approx 6000 schools during the last academic year applying. It has been designed to provide schools with a Government backed award to publically demonstrate their level of engagement in the School Games and school sport.
Why should our school apply?
- Ofsted can use the Mark award as part of their inspection framework
- The School Games Mark can be used as a mechanism to show school engagement in the School Games
- You can proudly display your certificate, pennant and plaque (Gold level only) at your school
- You can use it as a development tool to aid the PE teacher or Headteacher at your school
- You can add the logo to letterheads and email signatures to show your outstanding commitment to school sport.
Not yet registered?
Registration takes just a few minutes and all schools can access a range of competition formats that help schools when organising competitive opportunities to students through the School Games.
By joining the other 19,000 schools who have already registered for the School Games your school can:
- access exclusive content
- take part in the exciting Reward & Recognition Scheme
- publicise sporting events at your school
- learn how to use the Sainsbury's School Games across the curriculum, as well as much more!
When can I apply and what is the key criteria I need to be aware of?
The window for applications will open on Wednesday 31st May 2017 and will close on Friday 28th July 2017. Further updates will be available here.
The criteria at bronze, silver and gold are intended to be challenging and enables schools to recognise and publicise the opportunities that they provide for their pupils by completing the award.
Schools can only apply for the Sainsbury's School Games Mark once per academic year.
All schools must achieve the set of pre-requisites prior to moving through the bronze, silver, gold level questions.
To find out more and to register your school please click here.
School Games Mark Criteria 2016/17
- School Games Mark Criteria 2016-17 (PDF, 1.9 Mb)