Primary Sport Premium
Active Dorset works closely with Dorset County Council, Poole and Bournemouth Borough Councils, National Governing Bodies of Sport (NGB), Strategic Partners, School Games Organisers (SGO's), clubs, coaches and volunteers to create a lasting legacy for PE, sport and physical activity.
This page of our website is designed to support all schools with primary-aged children to effectively utilise their PE and Sport Premium funding, whilst also giving the latest guidance on the associated Ofsted inspection requirements.
Our Primary Sport Premium Lead is Annie Hargreaves, a PE Specialist with a background in Primary and Secondary PE teaching in Dorset and North Somerset. Her role is to provide support and advice to all Primary, Middle and Special Schools and to help them improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer to their pupils.
The intelligence gathered from local monitoring of primary school websites and their Primary Sport Premium Impact Statements , along with working in partnership with our School Games Organisers and NGB leads has enabled Active Dorset to provide an offer support and help to those who want and need it. The support we are currently providing includes the following:
- Advice on how to use the Primary PE and Sport Premium investment effectively - in line with the latest funding requirements
- Guidance on how to show impact, next steps and sustainability of the Primary PE and Sport Premium expenditure on individual school websites
- Bespoke support which is tailored to meet the needs of individual schools
- Coordination of CPD and training opportunities to ensure schools and coaches can deliver an effective PE and School Sport offer.
- Provision of advice and industry specific guidance on recommended processes and qualification requirements if working with external coaches as part of your offer.
- Annual publication of the Dorset Schools PE and School Sport Guide which outlines the directory of services available to all schools in the county
We are pleased to announce the recent publication of the Dorset Schools Guide for PE and School Sport for 2016-17. It has been designed to provide schools with a directory of local and national services, PE information, a wide variety of tools to monitor/record impact as well as to outline local support and advice. If you would like a hard copy sent to you please just let us know and we will be happy to deliver one to your school.
We look forwards to hearing from you and working with you!
For further information on Primary Sport Premium contact Annie Hargreaves:
- Active Dorset CSPAP
Bournemouth Learning Centre
- 01202 458 889