Dorset Living Well Active
Led by Macmillan Cancer Support, Sport England, Active Dorset and Bournemouth University, Living Well Active is a service for people (18+) living with or beyond cancer in Dorset with an aim to improve health and well-being through participation in sport and physical activity.
There is now an abundance of evidence to support the benefits of physical activity during and after cancer treatment. Keeping active can preserve or improve physical function and psychological well-being, reducing the negative impact of some cancer-related side-effects. Regular physical activity also has a potential role in reducing risk of cancer recurrence and increasing survival. This makes physical activity a good choice for anyone living with cancer wanting to improve their living well potential.
With this in mind, we have brought together healthcare professionals, physical activity and sport providers, educators, support groups and organisations (Our Associates) who are passionate about helping people affected by cancer to live the best life they can so that we can offer:
- Referral from cancer health care professionals and support organisations.
- Exercise referral programmes with trained staff.
- Therapeutic exercise, physical activity and sporting opportunities.
- Living Well talks, courses and group support meetings.
- Awards and qualifications for public and professionals.
- Supporting charities and groups.
- News, events and inspiration through our website and social media.
For more information on Living Well Active, visit our dedicated website FAQ's.
Macmillan Dorset Living Well Active Discovery Day 2015
Video of the Macmillan Dorset Living Well Active Discovery Day 2015