Active Dorset is a local network of Local Authorities, National Governing Bodies, Clubs, Schools and School Sport Partnerships, Primary Care Trusts and other local agencies committed to working together to increase participation in sport and physical activity. Our main office is at Bournemouth University who as well as providing premises are also another key partner.
As a Community Interest Company we are committed to reinvesting any surpluses we generate back into local opportunities for sport and physical activity.
"To establish Dorset as a place where people choose to enjoy an active lifestyle through participation in sport and physical activity".
We are led by a central team of people whose job it is to provide leadership and coordination of the network.
- Are underpinned by a commitment to equity
- Seek to ensure that sports development is driven through National Governing Bodies for sport plans
- Action is based on national, regional and local policy - influencing the understanding, interpretation and deployment of those policies.
- Are focused on investing in, and valuing people
- Are committed to achieving quality standards through continuous improvement and excellence in order to demonstrate impact
- Are fundamentally independent so that the core team is impartial in order to broker progress
We are contracted by Sport England to provide a set of core services to underpin the local delivery of National Governing Body Whole Sport Plans. Some of our services will include:
- Strategic Leadership and Partnership Development
- Connecting National Governing Bodies for sports to the local area and local partners
- Club, coach and volunteer development, children and young people
- Attracting external investment
- Development of facilities
- Networking, knowledge management and communication.